Thursday 14 June 2012

Reasons for PMT?

It is so long since i have had any pmt issues, this last dose caught me totally by surprise.... how i didn't realise, i don't know. I spent a couple of days worrying about what i'd said, how i'd handled an issue with my son & feeling totally crap about it. Then i woke up & i wasn't worried. And when i spoke to people i hadn't actually been out of order at all... and not as bad as i thought... just said a few things that needed saying.

9th january 2012, 08:35

So why the worry? why the moon-time fragility? Betrayal... that was the feeling that was swimming in my head. I felt like i'd betrayed both my kids somehow. It was also the feeling that accosted me when i first felt this moon-time misery at the start of this blog a couple of years ago, again involving my son & my reactions. I am absolutely certain that issues raised under the guise of pmt are things that need looking at... things buried that raise to the surface as the moon & our hormones create the conditions... uncomfortable things that are easier to dismiss as irrational, hormonal, mood-swings that women have to cope with. And because we don't like to admit they have a valid source, we usually bury them again and again, only for them to re-surface time & time again as 'symptoms of pre-menstrual tension'.

10th january 2012, 20:40


So many women suffer recurring themes of bitterness, resentment, anger and such like on a monthly basis... constantly looking to relieve or avert this 'syndrome' which is viewed as a weakness... an illness of sorts. At best it is an inconvenience....at worst it can destroy people & relationships. But what if we took those 'irrational' emotions and looked at where they originated... truly looked, and truly accepted that, however uncomfortable they have roots somewhere buried inside. Maybe the pmt is an exaggeration, but it is some hurt literally screaming to get attention... crying out for healing. It may not even be a big hurt, but being buried, it festers & grows...

19th january 2012, 08:43

And so... this betrayal that bounces back & forth between my son & i. He left home when he was 14 to live with his dad.... although i would have preferred him to stay with me, I could understand his desire to be a man in a mans' household. I didn't object & gave my blessing, but when the time approached he kicked up a  massive argument & 'ran away' to his dads. Then he came back & went through the whole thing again, but this time went to my brothers. I was already alienated from my family and this gave them the means to 'score points' off me using my son. They were insiduous & undermining... i never saw him for 5 years apart from now & again, usually when he wanted something or couldn't get his way with his dad, grandad or uncle.

 28th january 2012, 23:42

I definitely felt betrayed by my family... not one encouraged him to come back or make peace. I felt they all betrayed my son.... he pretty much did what he liked, lacking direction & discipline. What i never realised until now, is that i felt betrayed by my son too. He left me, who had tried my hardest to provide a stable, consistent & fair upbringing... to go to his dad who had not contributed financially, who had the children regularly but it was his mother who actually looked after them, who gave no support in any form.... yes, i realise i felt betrayed... whenever i phoned he was 'busy' with my brother or his father.... he never saw my tears....

8th march 2012, 21:45

And my son? I sense that feeling of being betrayed from him too... the divorce... not fighting harder to get him back from his dad or stopping him go... meeting my partner.... and now finding out about certain things he has been up to. Much healing needed. We'll work on it.

 11th january 2012, 08:35

i've just noticed that the time each photo i chose
 was taken the minutes were between 35 ~ 45 
even to on different dates. 

i often find that the times of photos in a post 
contain similar numbers!


3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I wish you all the best! You are right, much healing is needed!

Rose said...

Oh my Lovely. I do agree that PMT does bring up buried things for sure. I don't think things come from nowhere - no matter how much we might like to believe that... Sometimes we just need to cry for all the things we can not change as well...

I hope you and your son work things out. As much as he has been clawing at you all this time, he has to accept his part in things for you to be able to move on and have an equal relationship. *hugs*

That time thing is kinda cool!

taranova said...

Thanks for the support :-) honestly, i am alright with things... i know he has his part to play & take responsibility for his actions & i know that in time all will be back on the level.
i'm good :-) (((hugs))